5 Ways To Improve Your Fitness Outside Of Exercising At The Gym Photo credits: Pixabay
- Exercise is a very important part of physical fitness
- Here’s how you can improve your fitness by incorporating exercise into your routine, if you can’t find the time to hit the gym.
New Delhi: Losing weight is important not only to look your best, but also to avoid the risk of many chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and cancer. When we exercise to lose weight we are likely to experience the ârunner highâ, and when we have reached our weight loss goals, we might miss it.
Working out on your fitness can be quite addicting, but it’s not always possible with your busy schedule. Going to the gym every day may also not be possible. What do you do when you want to improve or maintain your fitness, but don’t have time to hit the gym? Here are 5 ways to do it.
- Literally Do Your Groceries – When you have to do your daily groceries or go to the market to buy something for your house, make sure you do it yourself and don’t rely on door-to-door deliveries. You can provide your body with a good cardio workout by running or briskly walking to the market. If the market is very close, take the longer route.
- Exercise in Your Kitchen – Working out or exercising in your kitchen is one of the best ways to save time and fit some fitness into your busy schedule. You can perform quick exercises like squats, calf raises, etc. when you are waiting for your food to cook.
- Always Take the Stairs – You’ll be surprised how much difference taking the stairs can make to your level of fitness. Going up a flight of stairs can burn up to 0.75 calories while going downhill burns about 0.25 calories. Other than that, going up the stairs can temporarily raise your heart rate and make your heart stronger. If you do this regularly, you will notice that you are not short of breath as you go up the stairs like you did initially.
- Avoid Junk Food – Fitness is all about exercise, but your diet also plays a very important role. Even if you don’t follow a strict diet, avoid junk, fatty, and processed foods. This will help you avoid weight gain and maintain your fitness.
- Track Your Steps – Even when you’re at work, try to take a break every few hours for a walk. Not only will this help you reduce eye strain, it will also help you maintain your fitness level. Follow in your footsteps. 10,000 steps can help you maintain your weight and improve your fitness, according to one study. Try to take at least 10,000 steps a day.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or healthcare professional if you have specific questions about a medical problem.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, more updates at Times Now
India’s most comprehensive action plan to evolve at TIMES NOW SUMMIT – Celebrating India @ 75 | Shaping India @ 100. Visit www.timesnowsummit.com confirm your attendance November 10-11 in New Delhi.